Recent Blog Posts
Networking follow-up can be a challenge. One of the easiest ways to keep in-touch with someone is to send information that the other person may find useful. Thankfully the chain letter and joke emails seem to have disappeared (or maybe we are just lucky as they aren’t darkening our email doorstep these days). And, since [...]
We often don’t realize the impact our words have on one and other. What’s particularly heartwarming is the staying power of kind words. We were teaching the skills of networking to a large multinational in Houston and sitting in the middle of the room was a guy named John. John did not look particularly happy to be there and [...]
There are many pitfalls in communication, and listening skills are made even more difficult because of the “Elusive 600″. Here’s an example: I was meeting with a friend of mine and as he was telling me a detailed story about his business (interesting, but long) I glanced up at the shelf behind him and thought [...]
I’ve learned a lot about networking from my times visiting Japan. In Japan the exchanging of business cards is a high art. I’ve been fortunate enough to have a very good friend, Wilf Wakely, Wakely Law Office and President of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Japan share with us his skills of networking in [...]
Search Our Blog Site
- How we met Marie-Josee October 29, 2011
- Death of Biz Card – Really? February 21, 2012
- 5 Tips to go from Survive to Thrive October 29, 2011
- Klaus Schwab and Catalytic Conversation June 8, 2013
- Networking Follow Up – How to Send An Article April 7, 2015
- Kindness Sticks! December 31, 2014
- Distracted by a Lavender Plant – The “Elusive 600″ December 17, 2014
- Business Card Exchange Japanese Style December 9, 2014
- Lisa: I never leave home without my business cards no ma...
- Jacob: Great idea. I own "Table Topics" and found it wa...
- Homepage: ... [Trackback]... [...] Find More Informations h...
- My Homepage: ... [Trackback]... [...] Read More Infos here: wo...