“The Connector’s Handbook”
Work the Pond! Use the Power of Positive Networking to Leap Forward in Work and Life is one of the top business networking books. Town & Country magazine calls Work the Pond! “the connector’s handbook”. It is a 224-page handbook for networking done right.
REVIEW: ‘Even I’m surprised to report that no one has knocked the #1 book off it’s perch! Work the Pond is still in the top of the Canadian business book list ten years after it was published. Why? It’s still the most readable, the most approachable to all ages, career types and the science of networking is something people really appreciate reading about. It continues to be the one book I personally feel anyone can pick up, get through and feel they have learned from. I have given away dozens of copies and personally own over 25 copies myself. They float in and out of my life on a monthly basis in my coaching and mentoring.’ Paul Nazareth, networking expert and corporate giving specialist.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT WORK THE POND!
“Work The Pond! is full of fantastic practical reminders of what we should all be doing everyday to keep our network robust and fresh and useful.”
It is the “most readable, the most approachable to all ages, career types and the science of networking is something people really appreciate reading about. It continues to be the one book I personally feel anyone can pick up, get through and feel they have learned from.”
Prentice Hall Original Trade Paperback, ISBN: 0-7352-0402-0
Super Easy Read
In our practical and easy-to-read format you will find:
- Our trademarked 7-step process of THE NETWORK DANCE: N.E.T.W.O.R.K.®, with a chapter for each step
- The world’s best definition of networking (that’s what Guy Kawasaki says it is)
- The seven key secrets of Positive Networking® (They must be secrets because so few people use them.)
- Networking stories from Davos to Denpasar
- The amazing science of networks and why your weakest ties may be your best contacts
- End of chapter summaries for quick reference
- Tried-and-true tips and techniques from the networking frontlines
A Book Of Firsts
- It was the first book on networking to talk about the science of how networks operate including the concept of the Strength of Weak Ties
- It’s the first book on networking to embrace the concept that networking is not about what others can do for you, nor is it about reciprocity, it beyond that: it’s discovering what you can do for others with no strings attached. It’s called Positive Networking®
- It’s the first book to cite the work of Robert Putnam, and other social scientists (and economists) on how being connected with others impacts your happiness and wellbeing
Also In Audio Format
Our abridged version of Work the Pond!, read by Darcy Rezac, is a very efficient way to learn the seven steps of Positive Networking®. This MP3 CD-ROM audio book is downloadable to iPods or other devices for learning on-the-go. Listening time: 2.5 hours.
Contact us regarding volume orders.