Overview: Face-To-Face & The Digital World™
With Gayle Hallgren-Rezac & Judy Thomson
“There’s a temptation in our networked age to think that ideas can be developed by e-mail and iChat”… That’s crazy. Creativity comes from spontaneous meetings, from random discussions.” It is ironic that Steve Jobs, creator of the ubiquitous iPhone, believed in the power of face-to-face connecting. In-person connecting builds trust and rap
port and often allows us to find solutions that numerous back and forth emails cannot accomplish. But the digital world (email, texts, tweets, social networks) is an essential part of effective networking today. Done right it makes networking
and staying connected even easier. This session gives you tips on both!
Led by two of Canada’s top networking experts and co-authors of Work The Pond!, Gayle Hallgren-Rezac and Judy Thomson, Face-to-Face & The Digital World™ is the perfect networking skills session for today’s work environment.
Highlights: Face-To-Face & The Digital World™
- The high-trust benefits of face-to-face connecting
- Ways to connect face-to-face in a time-challenged world
- Connect with others with ease, in any situation from a networking event to walking down the office hallway—even introverts will find relationship building easier
- Key conversation skills needed for face-to-face — from making an upfront investment in small talk to engaged conversation
- How texting, emailing, communicating via social networks can be more effective
- The digital world – what’s new!
- Best practices for using LinkedIn, the world’s leading professional network
- Stay connected and follow-up with one’s network both face-to-face and via social networks
Why Choose Face-To-Face & The Digital World™?
- Allows busy employees to understand the value of meeting face-to-face rather than sending another email.
- Gives people a good snapshot of today’s networking from better social intelligence skills to knowledge of rapidly-evolving social networks.
- Is a great keynote full of fresh ideas on how to network in today’s work world.
Program Delivery Format
- Conference Breakout Session